About the Cemetery
Olive Hand Bailey, the widow of James Miner Bailey, came to Oklahoma Territory in 1889 with her daughter and son-in-law Helen and Joseph P. Carson. She settled on the quarter section where the cemetery is located and the Carsons were to the east across the road (now N. Rockwell).
Olive Bailey died in 1891, and in accordance with her wishes, one acre of her land was deeded to the public by one of her heirs, Joseph Carson, for use as a public cemetery. Pioneer descendants (Bailey, Carson, Fletcher, Goodman, Holloway, McKinney, and Rosecrans)incorporated the cemetery, when they established the OLIVE HILL CEMETERY ASSOCIATION INC in 1933.
To read more about Olive Hand Bailey visit our GENEALOGY page.